Women making "hausschuhe," or slippers
We've had a couple free afternoons the past two days. While I've really enjoyed the new teacher and topic of Christ as Life, I've been grateful for the down time. And this afternoon, we ran for wool slippers in a nearby town. While I was expecting a shop, it was actually in this woman's house. We walked in her front door and off to the right was her shop. There were two woman making slippers from sheep's wool that they had pressed and dyed. The woman said it took about 45 mintues to make a set of slippers. Speaking of sheep, I can't get over the fact that every day you'll see sheep grazing on a hill. And most often it's a ski slope. You'll look up a the ski slope and see brown dots and a few black ones as well. For some reason it just makes me laugh. Only in Austria can you see sheep grazing on a ski slope. As for the slippers, I'm the proud owner of pair.
No comments:
Post a Comment