Sunrise over Lake Washington with the mountains in the background
(from my aunt & uncles back deck)
I just love the pacific nothwest. I'm in Seattle for a week visiting my aunt and uncle. They're actually my godparents and not even related to me. But they've been such a source of wisdom and support throughout my whole life. It's been so nice to have someone to share life with who is not related in whom you feel comfortable talking about anything. And I've visited them in many of the places that they've lived -- Erie, Kentucky, Michigan, Florida, Arizona, and Seattle.
Yesterday, my aunt, cousin and I went wine tasting and had a good time, laughing, tasting wine and just catching up. Today I went for a 27-mile bike ride around Lake Washington with my uncle and one of his friends. I enjoyed riding through the pines, up and over hills, around the blue lake with many sailboats and rare-but-beautiful blue Seattle sky. We stopped at one point to look at the lake and could see the Olympic mountains and downtown Seattle across the lake. And for the rest of today, we'll relax making dinner and will look at my pictures from my trip. I'll enjoy just hanging out with them as they've been married for 45 years and have so much life experience to share.

No comments:
Post a Comment