Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Colorado

Winter Park, Colorado

I just love the mountains.  I acquired this love the mountains, and God's amazing creation really, when I was in Austria.  So when I went to Seattle and was in the mountains, it felt familiar.  And now I'm looking at the Rockies.  Just beautiful.  I'm visiting a someone that I met in school and am enjoying the remoteness of the mountains and very untouched landscaped nestled in the mountains.  I'm looking out the window and see tall pine trees, little wooden and big wooden houses, low brush, small ponds, the mountains in the backgrounds -- it feels like people will come by any minute with pans to look for gold.  It's that much in the west.  This time after school has been more amazing that I could have ever imagined.  But experiencing this didn't come without a process of seeking God, praying, struggling, and finally obeying what I needed to do.  And I just kept taking the next step.  As I was talking to a friend last night, sharing my experience, I recounted that I just kept taking a step, and in the end there were no guarantees except having faith.  And it's been nothing but a soft landing.  For someone who's relied on myself, relying on God has really been exhilarating.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment