Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pilates with my sister

Pilates exercise at Asbury Barn

A few weeks after I cam back from Austria, I decided to keep up the "4 units a week" routine from school.  And I quit the gym after belonging for many, many years.  How can you go into a gym and stand on the treadmill after being in the Austrian alps?  You just can't.  So, I picked up jogging again, rode my bike, and also signed up for a Pilates (pronounced pi-lat-ees) with my younger sister Karen.  It's in a lovely setting -- a barn in the woods with big wooden beams.  It's such a nice change from the gym atmosphere, and so affordable.  And the instrustor is very, um, precise.  She really works hard to ensure that we're all doing our moves correctly.  I only got yelled at once yesterday.  She does also give the "great work" feedback, but you can't help but want to be on your best behavior when there.  So, I'll keep this up for the rest of the year, enjoying my time with my sister, and hope that she gives us good marks.   : )

No comments:

Post a Comment