It was such a blessing to watch my two-year-old niece for a few days before Christmas. Everytime I look at a little one, I'm in awe at the miracle of the creation of life. It makes me so humbled that we serve a great and mighty God that can create such intricate human beings! And my niece just happens to be a super cute and good one : ) The week before Christmas was also filled with a conglomoration of events -- my turn signals not working resulting in me sticking my arm out the window to signal (yes, I really did that); meeting a 93-year-old with whom I will sit with a couple of afternoons a week; my last pilates class for the season (she went easy on me once I had my foot surgery); a sunny hike through the woods on Christmas eve; meeting a friend and her family for Christmas eve services; and spending time with my family in a very relaxed and casual fashion both days. While I love the feeling in the air and the unusual pleasantness of strangers around Christmas, I firmly believe that celebrating the Messiah coming to earth to save us from our sins, shouldn't be confined to a day -- it's possible to live life magnifying Jesus Christ year-round.
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10
God's little one, who just so happens to be born to my sister : )
No comments:
Post a Comment