Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, a new year & new life

A look back
What a year that I had!  I don't know about you, but I like to reflect on the previous year as the new year is upon us.  What was your year like?  Filled with mountain top and valley experiences, or maybe just a nice steady pace?  As for me, I learned to live by faith:  I prayerfully left my job, had a powerful experience in bible school in Austria, spent the summer resting my soul and growing my relationship with Christ, then had a few significant disappointments in the fall.  But through it all, I can't even count the blessings (faithful friends, volunteer experiences, unexpected gifts). And whatever your year was like, I pray that you could see the hand of God guiding you, providing you with necessities (Matthew 6:28-34; Philippians 4:19), periods of growth (Romans 8:18; 1 Peter 4:12-13), blessings (John 10:10), and a deeper love to follow Christ (Philippians 3:12). 

January 1, 2012
Today I got up early to read, to pray for all those that I love, and to read wisdom in the bible. And after a sunny drive to church, I enjoyed an amazing worship experience where young man from the congregation reminded us about the new life that we have in Christ:  "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5;17. There are certainly days when I know that I need to grow to be a better friend, daughter, and future mate, so it's always a good reminder to know that we are new -- even if we want to change things about ourselves.  So who knows what the year will hold, but I wouldn't have guessed that it would start so good and even include a bike ride. : )

January 1 bike ride in Erie, PA




1 comment:

  1. Hey Sharon, thank you for sharing your reflections on 2011. It's good to see God's faithfulness in other Believer's lives. So sorry I have failed to email you back. Hope we can talk and connect soon. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete