Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Following Jesus means...

My hometown: Erie, Pennslyvania

As I wrap up 2013, I can't believe how many changes have happened in one year.  From accepting the job with VisionTrust, to leaving my part-time jobs, to fundraising for my job, to moving out of my house and renting it and then moving across the country from Pennsylvania to Colorado, I'm so thankful for accepting the changes as a step towards a different future.  At times, the change seemed overwhelming, but God may ask us to make easy changes, or more challenging ones.  I often think of Job's comment in the midst of difficultly, "Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?" (Job 2:10).  Following God and doing what he asks is the essence of our Christian faith.  We walk by faith and not by sight. It's a tough one to live out consistently, but knowing that the God of the universe is guiding us, what better way is there?

"After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him. So Jesus said to the Twelve, 'Do you want to go away as well?' Simon Peter answered him, 'Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.'"  John 6:66-68

No comments:

Post a Comment