Monday, December 2, 2013
From the mountains of Austria to the mountains of Colorado
It's hard to believe that I've moved away from the town that I lived in for most of my life. I really enjoyed Erie, Pennsylvania for the beautiful change of seasons, the peninsula, the ability to travel to any nearby city in just a few hours and, of course, being close to family. Now that I live in the mountains of Colorado, I miss them more than ever, but also know that I took the right road to get here.
So what's it like living in the mountains of Colorado? Well, Colorado Springs is medium-sized military city. Lots of churches, plenty to do outdoors, and a bit of history in Old Colorado City. I've just scratched the surface of the town and am ready to explore more. I've enjoyed the few hikes that I've taken and I went on my first bike ride yesterday. Just loved being outside on a sunny and 60 degree December day. And it was tougher than I imagined. Not just the hills, but the difference in altitude. Maybe this will boost my endurance, so that when I go home, I'll look like a champ! (Yes, I have a competitive side =>)
As for work...I love, love, what I do. I get to use my business and marketing skills to help share the gospel with some of the neediest kids around the world. Already, I've had a chance to meet some of our in-country local directors. When I met our director of Zimbabwe, I was blown away by his heart for the 3,000 kids there. It pained him not to be able to feed all of them. And me, too. This is why I do what I do. To help love, thank, and find new donors who want to change a child's life for Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment