Sunday, July 31, 2011
Maria and Me
So I had my 14-year-old niece over for the week. The week went fast. We cooked, went to my prayer group, rode bikes at the peninsula, visited the library, went for ice cream, had Chinese on the beach, and just hung out at my house. She even helped me work in my yard (4 bushes down, 10 to go) and watch another niece and nephew for a full day. And she also helped me install a webcam so that I can use Skype with my oversees and out-of-state friends. And after going to my prayer group, we were challenged on how we could be more like Christ, so I asked her what we could do. She suggested, without hesitation, that we visit a shut-in that we know. So we did just that the next day. We also read the bible together, and spent time studying about God's unfailing love for us. So amazing to be studying with her when just a few years ago we were playing with play dough.
While I don't know when I'll be able to have her over again for a full week, it makes me appreciate the fact that I could do this during this season of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That was really fun! Thanks again for having me!
ReplyDeleteThat's so great that you were able to have that much time with your niece and it sounds like some real quality intentional time together.
ReplyDelete