Jacques and Ruth Teeuwen
I arrived at the Apeldoorn train station, and hopped off the train only to see Jacques and Ruth waiting for me with a big American flag in their hands, smiling. I was so glad to finally meet them because they were an instrumental part of me going to bible school. I met Jacques over email through an old Torchbearers brochure and he quickly spoke truth into my life and was words of wisdom when I would be fearful of leaving what I knew to go to school. So, they are very special to me.
Ruth surprised me at the car with a beautiful bouquet of peach roses for my birthday. This was so sweet and really touched me, especially because I love peach roses. We drove to their house and I loved it. Beautiful garden outside, and a bungalow inside (which is what I have, so I like this). I can appreciate the simplicity of the house -- it has kept them free to give or to go where God called them. I rested for just a bit and then we had a lovely meal together. We talked so easily as they shared their testimonies, how they met, we marvelled at how God brought us together. What I love about them is their passion for sharing the gospel, and how much they see God in our everyday lives, and how much they have opened themselves up to be used by God. We talked about 2 Corinthians 5:14, "For Christ's love compels us." How true that should be.
After dinner, since they read after each meal, we picked up where they were at in Luke. We studied how the shepherds returned to their jobs after hearing the good news. So, some may be called to jobs and others to full-time missionary work. I really enjoyed this time of studying and praying together. What a great evening in fellowship, laughing, and getting to know each other. It's just so comfortable. I'm headed upstairs to my room that has many family pictures and a cozy bed. I feel so at home here.
No comments:
Post a Comment