Because of this unfortuneate situation, I stepped in gladly. It's actually been quite a blessing. My job is to dry the dishes. Sometimes Nat, the RA, washes the dishes, but the five of us students are responsible for ensuring that all the breakfast dishes are dried and put away. Morning is a great time to have a duty and I enjoy chatting with the other students. The other day we talked about our favorite music. Age is one gap, but then there are the different countries that we're from. I wrote down a few of the artists and plan to check them out. Besides our duty, everyone contributes to the cleanliness of the school. And it's really clean. It's cleaned every day. Cleaner than many hotels that I've stayed in. I knew that they took good care when I was assigned to clean the showers this week with a small scrub brush. A little Josh Groben on my ipod, scrub brush and gloves and I was good to go. We were even asked to wipe the metal down on the showers and shine it. I really didn't mind the chores because the school is so well run and I've benefited so much.
Dish Duty
Benji (New Zealand), Ana (Staff/Australia), Trish (Canada), Hannah (USA), Sharon/me (USA)
I heartily approve of your selection of Josh Groban. :)
ReplyDelete