Friday, June 17, 2011

Work day

Today we finished up the week's lectures on relationship.  We learned a lot of practical and biblical ways to have successful relationships.  And we talked about all kinds of relationships in our lives.  It's been a good exprience living in community because you need to practice what you learn with each other.  At times its easy, but at other times it can be challenging.  But it refines who you are and how you treat people in all circumstances. 

After lunch, I had work day with a few other girls.  We helped to prepare the newsletter for sending.  No machine, just a few girls putting on labels and postage.  I must admit it brought back memories of sitting at a desk.  I haven't done that in so long that it felt a bit strange.  When I do study here, I sit in the room above the lecture hall called the Eagle's nest.  It's filled with wood dormers, comfortable chairs, and it's just so quiet.  We finished the letters and then another girl and I finished a project to label the student group photo that will be passed out. 

Stamping and labeling on work day
Krista (Canada), Lauren (Ohio), Sonja (Niagara-on-the-Lake),
Alisse (Minnesota), Rachele (Ontario), Sharon/me (Pennsylvania)

I had a few things on my mind and I really wanted to just get to get a few things done.  However, I just felt that it was important to talk with her.  As it turns out she is just beginning her faith journey and still has lots of questions.  A few days ago, she gave me a nice letter about liking having me at school because I spent time talking with her.  I had no idea that she had so many questions and just assumed that she was a Christian.  So this was another chance to talk more about big questions that she has about God.  I told her some of my journey and the questions that I had to answer before I could move forward.  It was so nice and I told her that I would pray for her.  After this, I reflected that I was so distracted with my own thoughts and almost rushed off and asked someone else to do the photo labelling.  It's only when I really stop and put my priorities in order, am I blessed with an opportunity to listen, share God's love, or just to encourage.  I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment