Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The last week of school

Last outreach in a nearby town
Front: Trish, Maddy, Candace, Sharon/me, Dogmar Rachele
Second: Dan, Blake, Denis, Simon, Dillon, Naomi, Leo, Whitney

On Sunday we had our last outreach singing at the Protesant church in a nearby town.  After several practices and outreaches, we really sounded like a team.  It was so interesting to see the church members dressed in the traditional garb of a woolen coat with gold buttons and leather shorts and for the ladies, the traditional dress.  It was particularly cold on Sunday and we wore our warmer jackets, but today it is nice and almost 80 degrees.  As we left the church, we reflected that it's our last outreach.  And it's our last week of lecture.  We're all trying not to think of the lasts, but rather enjoy each moment that's left.  We have classes through Wednesday and then we graduate on Thursday night. 

Tonight, we'll have a final family group and our family group is making a Swabian dish because we have a couple from Germany and Austria in our group.  I really enjoy our family group.  The one challenge with an 8-week course is that just when you're really beginning to know other people, it's time to leave.  But it will be a fun evening. 

After Thursday, most everyone will leave after breakfast on Friday.  But I've decided to stay and help clean and prepare for the next group coming in along with a few other students.  I may also be doing some administrative work to help out.  After this I'll be headed for some travel throughout Europe. I'm very grateful to be able to travel with a friend part of the time and visit some other connections in Europe.  Who knew that this would turn into quite the adventure.  Well, I have learned that life in faith is all about adventure, risk, and enjoying the ride however exciting or full of unknowns.  As I live a life in Christ, I am learning to think less about myself and more about how to spread the good news, how to love others as God would, and how to live fully and abundantly. 

I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment