Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Adventures

So, we wrapped up this week studying the book of Philipians.  Tobi, who once was a professional boxer, taught the class.  I so enjoyed listening to him because he became a Christian later in life and has so many experiences to share on how his life has changed since becoming a Christian.  I've met his wife and three kids (all under the age of 3) and they're very dear.  He focused on how Paul encouraged the Philipians to think about things that were good and noble and to put this into practice.  He also reminded us from the book that Paul said that Christ was sufficient for him.  Paul, who endured beatings, shipwrecks, jail, and was cold and naked proclaimed that he knew what it was to be sufficient with Christ and how to be content in all circumstances -- his joy did not depend on his circumstances.  Tobi himself is a good example of someone who lives simply, always has a smile on his face, and pursues God with all of his life.  Very inspiring. 


At the top of the Planai mountain

We wrapped up the week with a final sports day, a book report, and a test this morning on memory verses.  For the sports day I chose to ride up the tallest mountain behind the school -- called Planai -- on an electric bike.  You still need to pedal, but I wanted to try it.  It was worth the view at the top.  You could see mountains on all sides.  The trip down was a bit precarious because it was dirt winding trails.  I was a bit nervous, but Tobi coached me.  While I appreciated the help, I decided to ride the road the rest to the way back with two of the other girls.  It was nice to be on the mountains one last time before I go and just be in God's creation. 

As we get ready to go, the staff has a nice dinner planned for us tonight and we'll graduate afterwards.  It's been an amazing experience.  I've loved the mountains, the lectures, the fellowship, and most importantly how real Christ has became to me and has changed me.  While it's hard to put into words, the Christian life hass become more clear to me.  And this makes me very excited for the future. 

"Adventures in Austria" will continue and will become "Adventures through Europe."

No comments:

Post a Comment